The current corona-virus pandemic is affecting the lives of people around our world, nation, and here in Hart County. While we are following and encourage others to follow the social distancing guidelines, we are still finding ways to stay connected as the Body of Christ. For we know the church is not a building, but a community, a family of believers in Jesus!
May 18, 2020 Update
We have begun in-person worship services as of Sunday, May 17th. For now, we have two duplicate services at 10:40 AM & 5:00PM. Under the “Social Distancing” guidelines our 550 seat sanctuary will be limited to approximately 175 people. To ensure that we have room for everyone, we are asking our members who have no preference to attend the 5PM service.
Please take note of the following:
● Doors will open at 25 minutes prior to service.
● Please enter through the front doors only (all other areas are closed)
● Ushers will greet you, please follow their instructions entering & exiting
● Please bring your masks (suggested, but not required)
● Please sit with your family in the marked seats only
● Please allow distance between you and others as much as possible.
● Parents please keep your children with you at all times.
● Please know for safety, we will not have:
○ Life Groups on Church Premises – Life Groups will continue on Zoom
○ Nursery or Children’s Church
○ Choir or Meet & Greet (no hugs please)
● Of course, now more so than ever, STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK. Our governor has advised those who are elderly or with underlying health issues should still stay home until June 12th
● We will continue to stream our 10:40am service on our website, Facebook and on local radio (WKLY 104.1FM) so you can continue to watch from home.
Thank you for your help in adhering to these guidelines to keep all of us as safe and as comfortable as possible. At the present time, no other services are planned. For now our facilities will only be used for Sunday Worship Services. At the proper time, we will begin Wednesday activities, restart Sunday AM Life Groups, Children’s Church, nursery care, and Celebrate Recovery. AWANA hopes to start back in August. If you have any additional
questions please contact the church office at 706-376-2029.
Below are some ways we continue to minister to each other and others..
- Sunday Worship Services @ 10:40am & 5pm – see details above.
- Sunday Lifegroups still meet via phone/facetime/Zoom (contact church office to get connected to a group)
- Sunday Worship Services at 10:40am Online & Local Radio Facebook @ Cornerstone Baptist Church, church website: www.cbchartwell.org, or WKLY Radio (11am-noon only)
- Wednesday Devotional Online @ 6:30pm (Facebook & website)
- Wednesday Prayer Sheets are emailed each Wednesday.
- Wednesday LIVE Youth Gathering Online @ 7:30pm (Instagram & Facebook)
- Wednesday Youth Small Groups meet on Zoom online @ 7:30pm
Daily Noon Prayer by our Church Family for all those affected by this virus physically, financially, and emotionally. That God would use this event to draw those who don’t know Christ into a relationship with Him, and us as Christ followers into a closer to relationship and reliance on Him.
Church Office is still staffed for your calls or questions Monday-Thursday 9am(-5pm (closed Friday). Please note they are practicing social distancing as well if you must come by.
Giving: We are still accepting your giving as we continue to help through international, national, and local ministries. You can see our three ways to give by clicking GIVING tab on our homepage.